Walkway Design & Installation
Walkway Design & Installation
by Dogwood Landscaping
The outdoor walkways around your property serve many purposes. In addition to directing the flow of traffic, they also beautify the space, break up your landscaping and keep your lawn healthy by keeping foot traffic off of it.
With all of that in mind, doesn’t it make sense that your pathways be as beautiful and durable as possible? Dogwood Landscaping specializes in helping our customers create beautiful, unique walkways and driveways to punctuate their property.
Not all outdoor walkways are created equal. In fact, you’ll have many options when it comes time to choose materials for your front or backyard walkway. As you choose between them, don’t forget to consider your home’s architecture and the garden and landscaping surrounding your home.
You’ll also want to consider the overall appearance you want from your walkway. While some materials look more formal and offer straight clean lines, others are more informal or textural, offering curved lines.
Last but not least, you’ll want to prioritize safety as you choose the material. If the landscaping and architecture of your home are more formal, brick or stone will provide a nice, colorful and durable walkway that works with your home’s style.
Common materials include:
- Bluestone, flagstone, brownstone or limestone. These materials are popular in grass or gravel and offer a more informal “stepping stone” aesthetic and feel.
- Crushed stone. Crushed stone adds brightness to a walkway, thanks to a variety of white, blue, pink, gray and other colors.
- For a softer look on your walkway, look to specific mosses or fragrant herbs, including thyme.
Benefits of Outdoor Walkways
There are dozens of benefits of an outdoor walkway. In addition to being beautiful and functional, walkways offer the following perks:
- Walkways offer access to disparate parts of your property, like garden gazebos, benches, pools, outdoor kitchens and more.
- Cohesion. By linking the various parts of your property and yard together, an outdoor walkway offers a sense of cohesion and purpose.
- Visual Appeal. Depending on the material you choose, an outdoor walkway can be intensely beautiful. This is especially true for walkways that you adorn with ground covers, plants or similar green elements. For added appeal, include some lighting along the pathway.
Building an Outdoor Walkway
When building a new walkway, the first step is to hire a professional. At Dogwood, we have design and installation professionals with extensive experience.
A Dogwood Landscaping professional will help you design a natural flow throughout your property that will ensure that your finished product looks exactly as beautiful as you had pictured it to be. Our professional installation team will install your walkway correctly to ensure that it will not only look nice but also lasts a long time and remains safe for anyone using the walkway. This is important since walkway materials which aren’t installed correctly, including slate and stone, can begin to crack and loosen, causing both rot and safety issues down the road.
To ensure your outdoor walkway project goes off without a hitch, make to use a professionally certified designer and installer, such as Dogwood Landscaping. As one of the premier landscape design companies in the local area, we will answer any questions you may have and provide you with all the planning, materials and construction assistance you need to begin your walkway today.
Why Choose Dogwood?
Dogwood Landscaping has been serving the local area for more than two decades, and we’re eager to assist property owners with walkway design and walkway installation. Offering award-winning landscape services, we’re here to help you make your home, walkway and property as beautiful and functional as it can possibly be. Contact us today to learn more about our walkway construction options or schedule your first appointment.