So, you’re ready to add a beautiful pool to your backyard, but you’re not sure of the best way to go about this process. If you’re asking the question, “Should I hire a landscape architect or a pool company for my pool installation?”, then you’ve come to the right place.
At Dogwood Landscaping, we understand your concern and hear this question very often. Our residential landscape design experts are highly sought after in the metro Atlanta area and are experienced and trained in what they provide: customized, well-crafted, full-service landscape design and construction.
We’ve designed and created many gorgeous, breath-taking pools for our clients, and plan the entire project, taking out the guess work for you. We invite you to look at our before and after photo gallery and see our work we’ve created for our clients.
What does a landscape architect do?
We realize many homeowners don’t know much about the profession or what landscape architects can accomplish and how they work. So, let’s first talk a little about landscape architecture.
What are landscape architects and how can they improve your home?
Our landscape architects are true experts at their trade. We have extensive knowledge and years of experience in horticulture, environmental design, site analysis, layout, grading, construction detailing, and more.
We know how to approach your vision and make your dreams come to life. We’ll walk you through every step of the way. We also have a deep understanding of your desires, allowing us to create impressive and well-thought-out designs by combining our technical and artistic talents.
Landscape Architecture is the art of creating visually pleasing and meaningful designs that cater to your needs and wants with a comprehensive design, blending creatively with your natural surroundings.
Landscape architects don’t simply install a pool in your yard; they create outdoor experiences that will inspire and delight you and your guests for years to come.
When you decide you want a pool, this is not a decision to enter lightly.
After all, your swimming pool will become the centerpiece of your yard. It will become a place where you can relax and have fun. A place where you can invite your friends and family to enjoy.
Additionally, a pool is a long-term, important financial investment. Therefore, you’ll want to ensure qualified experts are working on your swimming pool project.
What happens if you use a pool company to install your residential pool?
These pool contractors will give you what you want — a pool — but they aren’t likely to consider the surrounding features of your yard. They aren’t likely to fully understand how to design an outdoor living space around the pool.
It’s not that pool contractors don’t want to give you these things. However, they usually do not have the skills and training to create a landscape vision, and design a pool, that will seamlessly blend in with and enhance the surrounding environment.
What happens if you choose a landscape architect to install your pool?
When you hire a landscape company, you get a team of expert consultants who will work together with you to create an the perfect outdoor living space, rather than only adding a pool to your yard.
Makes you think, right?
Maybe you’ve experienced them or you’ve seen them in pictures: Stunning yards with pools that make you gasp, that carry you away from your daily life and take you to a place of soothing relaxation.
Guess what? Your home could have this WOW-factor too. Can you imagine it?
Maybe you can, but can you make it happen? A landscape architect can envision your dream — and can also help bring this dream into reality.
When you choose a landscape architect:
- You will save money and time in the long run. It might not make sense at first, but our experienced professionals know how to avoid common pitfalls, saving you money and speeding up the entire process. We consider things such as irrigation and sprinkler systems and how often the plants and shrubs in your space need water. Also, we know where to place trees to lower your energy bills by reducing heating and cooling costs.
- You will have a personal experience. At Dogwood Landscaping, our design process begins with a detailed site visit. We come to your home and spend time with you to truly understand what you are looking for in your backyard, and we talk with you about your ideas. We consider the topography and grade changes, existing conditions, plant inventory, drainage concerns, sun exposure, and screening opportunities. We take photos of your property, and then we design a project with your best interest — and your budget — in mind.
- You will have a custom, unique yard. If you want your backyard to stand out and impress, perhaps a pool with a unique shape would be appropriate. This type of project will bring character to your home. We can also provide custom carpentry services. So if you want a custom-built pergola, or a water fall, we can create one for you.
- You will have a safe and well-thought-out space. We consider everything. Do you have young children or elderly people coming to your pool? Then we can give you slip-resistant paving material to surround the pool. And what about fencing around your pool? Based on your location, requirements vary. But our experts are familiar with regulations and know how to follow the rules to give you a safe, private space.
- You will have experts who understand your local climate. The climate in your area is an important factor when designing a landscape. And you want someone who understands your local climate and what types of plants and materials work best so you aren’t wasting money throwing out plants that were improperly placed or planted.
Here are some other benefits of hiring landscape architects from The American Society of Landscape Architects:
- To increase the value of your home. “Hiring a landscape architect is one of the best investments for your home, adding as much as 15 percent to its value over comparable houses.” Research from Virginia Tech shows how landscapes grow in value over time while traditional home additions or remodels begin to lose value as soon as they are completed.
- To design natural swimming pools. You’ve probably seen bright blue or aquamarine-colored pools, but there are also alternative materials and color options that can provide a more natural-looking pool. They can act like a natural pond while also offering all the benefits of a chlorinated pool with less maintenance and fewer harsh chemicals.
- To have expertise from start to finish. Our landscape architects fully evolve themselves from start to finish for a seamless, worry-free process.
Why choose Dogwood Landscaping to install your residential pool?
Dogwood Landscaping is a residential landscape design and construction company located in Acworth, Georgia and serving the North Atlanta area and surrounding region. From simple courtyard gardens to resort-style backyards, we are a full-service company — meaning you can hire one company to do everything needed to create your outdoor living area.
We design and manage each project. And our extensively trained staff are able to do everything themselves, from traditional landscaping to masonry construction, irrigation, outdoor lighting, carpentry, and more. What does this mean for you? Seamless communication and construction from start to finish and highly efficient building practices.
And, yes, residential pools are one of our specialties.
We would love to design a custom pool for you and build it to meet your unique and personal wants and lifestyle. Whether you want a simple plunge pool or a lush pool oasis, we can give you what you want.
Does an exciting yard with waterfalls and dramatic lighting appeal to you? Or a tropical spa-like retreat? Or maybe you want to warm things up with a pool-side fire pit or fireplace?
We’ve got you covered. And if entertaining is in your future, we can create that too.
You’ll find some pool contractors do not have the skills to envision and design a pool that will blend seamlessly with its surrounding environment.
If you want your outdoor project to be efficient, within budget, and on time, choose Dogwood Landscaping.
Another important point is that your pool will only be one piece of your landscape. We offer a full range of services. Our experts can help you plan your entire yard, including possible patios, outdoor kitchen/grilling area, walkways, fencing, lighting, drainage, and the right plants and flowers to bring your place to life.
Dogwood Landscaping gives you a beautiful backyard retreat that truly transform your space.
Now that you better understand how we can create an outdoor oasis for your home, we invite you to call us today at 770-368-7000 and schedule your consultation appointment. Our goal is to have our clients say, “Wow! I can’t believe how beautiful and well crafted our backyard is!” And we’d love to make that happen for you.
And remember, YOUR BACKYARD HAS DREAMS TOO!!